Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
i4getsm

Originally Posted by Lilyflower View Post
My recovery has been the success it is because of people here showing me the error of my thinking. It has been hard to read some posts because they have hit me square in the face and forced me to be honest with myself and my actions. :ghug

I don't think any of us will get healthier if repies to our posts do not help point out things we may not see for ourselves. I personally wouldn't want to read a reply to one of my posts that only offered me a ''aaaaahhhhh, nevermind'' type response.

To me this site and the wisdom on it is sometimes like sitting in on group therapy sessions! I learn so much about myself reading all these great replies, as strong as they may feel, I know they touch me because of the issues within me. I need the honest blunt truth and welcome it, it prevents me from telling myself falsities that allow me to continue indulging in unhealthy negative behaviour.
Thanks Lilyflower! I completely agree with you. I think I felt myself in Stronger's post, so some of the replies were...well...harsh. It hurt me because I felt the same things that Strong had included in her posts. Guess I was taking it personally. And it's not even my post! Oops! Maybe I need to grow a thicker skin sometimes. It's good to have a reality check from others to show me when I'm being codependent. I'll try not to get my feelings hurt when others are just being honest with me.

Stronger: How are you doing today? I didn't mean to hijack your post. Guess I really identify with your post and some of the comments hit me like a hammer rather than as the "help" that they actually are. Thinking of you.