Old 06-25-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ajangels2

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I found that having absolutely no contact with AH for the first couple of months was absolutely necessary for me to begin my healing. I would not have done as well if I had to listen to his pleading, anger, whining, whatever.

One other thing. If you are now finding that giving him a ride is too difficult for you, you do have the right to change your mind effective today and tell him to find another ride starting tomorrow. You have the right to protect yourself, your emotions and your overall well being.
Not having contact with my AH right now would probably be the best thing for me as well but we have children together and that is not possible. So I'd say in this particular situation if you are able to detach physically and emotionally it would probably do you some real good. It is difficult to hear the whining, crying, begging, etc... but it is all manipulation on his part. His goal is to keep you attached so you can continue to rescue him and do things for him. You know what you need for you stick to that as best as you can. I am in a similiar boat with my husband right now and it's time for me to stop enabling and rescuing him he needs to fall on his butt.

Peace to you,
AJ