View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Thanks so much! I really miss all of you. I have been reading around and seeing some amazing recovery stories! Wow! I thought I might post a brief run down of who I am and what has been going on so those who dont know me can see why I am so happy today.

I am a 33 year old mom with 3 kids. I live with my bf Paul of 12 years. I am an addict of meth and narcotic pills. I have been clean since Nov 15 2005. I went to rehab as outpatient in dec 2005 and inpatient in feb 2006. I cleaned up as far as drugs went but still had many dues to pay to clean up the wreckage of my drug using. I lied and stole more than just material things from my kids, Paul, and my family. I also had several driving while revoked charges that led to felony DRW. I spent 4 months in a womens prison in the rehab center in July 07 to Nov 07. I came home to find that my bf had moved on with his life with lies and deceptions of his own. He has been the one there to help me get clean or get out. In a way he has been hard but has genuinely cared. Tough love I guess? We have had many problems over the years and have finally been getting on track. Our kids are growing up better now that we as parents are getting it together.There has been problems in our past and I think we are finally finding a way to put it in the past to stay. We are moving a step forward every day. Some days its by leaps and bounds. I also finally got a job! Thats right folks a J O B! I have been there for 6 months now. Its the longest time Ive held a job since I dont know when. I do have a sponsor. I still do attend meetings when I can. I just completed an aftercare program once again for my probation. My probation officer is just simply excstatic over my progress and over all well being. She says I am really shining (her words). And just maybe I am. I feel like im glowing inside out!

Ohh! And another little tidbit. I added a new member to out happy little family! Are you ready for this one???????????????

LOL I got a DOG! She is a Carine Terrier. She is blonde with a black face. She is such a baby. For those of you who dont know what a Carine Terrrier is well I know you have seen the Wizard Of Oz. She is a Toto dog! Except she is blonde instead of gray. HAHA she is the funniest thing. Good addition if I say so myself. Paul dont agree with that but hey........We manage. What was ya'll thinking?