Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ScaredInIdaho

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement. I think that the idea of trying for one meeting a week is a good idea. A good compromise that I could live with.

When I left work today I found my husband in the car with a large bowl in his lap. He has spent the day throwing up. He is trembling, clammy the whole bit. I really think that it is his withdrawal symptoms again. He seems to go through this every time he tries to quit. He told me this afternoon that he is so miserable that he will do whatever it takes to get help. After our meeting with the counselor I am more convinced than ever that rehab is the best solution for him. However, he REALLY does not want to go. He has told me multiple times that it's the worst thing that he could do. Now he is telling me that he will go if it will save our marriage. Is it right to force him to go when it's the total opposite of what he wants and thinks will help him?

Thank you to all of you that take time to respond to my messages. Your words are helping me more than you know. My family can't understand what I am going through and I don't really want my friends to know the extent of this. So, thanks once again!!!