Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
blufan60

Dear Scared,

How about a compromise? The counselor suggests three meeting a week for you, but why not start with one? Then maybe one online meeting as well (check this site for meetings). I think by going to meetings you are taking care of yourself and thus making yourself a better person, mother, and wife. At meetings we find support from people who really understand and who can share their strength and hope. If you feel you are taking time away from your boys, how about taking them to a meeting with babysitting and having a treat out before or after (McDonalds?)? Also, a meeting with babysitting will also mean there are other younger mothers out there. I'm sorry you felt looked down upon in that one meeting -- that's very unusual. If there is one place I feel accepted for who I am, it is at the Al-Anon meetings. I know how you feel about taking time from your little ones, though, because I would've felt the same when mine were that young (now they're teens). Sometimes you just gotta do it. One meeting a week isn't too much for starters. And again, look for meetings with babysitting. Good luck and let us know how things go. Remember, your recovery is just as important as your husband's!