View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
best
Don't get undies in a bunch

Read through your own post. Look at all the things you posted about yourself. Areas of struggle and areas of growth you feel you need... That is what your recovery (growth) means. Working on the things that will help you be a better you.
Not knowing your situation, I can't say if no contact is a good thing or not. As you grow and learn, you may find areas that you may have been enabling. When we learn of such, we can be a better support by not enabling when there is contact. Again...that is an area of our own recovery we can grow in.
For some, our recovery can be learning more about ourself so we can understand why we pick the relationships we do and then start on learning how to fix a broken picker if that is the case with us.
My recovery, your recovery...learning how to do a better job of keeping our own side of the street clean as we allow others their needed space to learn and grow so they can start cleaning up their side of the street. Many times we find the answer is a simple of letting go and letting God handle such things...He does a better job then we ever could.
Meetings and time will help you learn and grow faster. It took us a life time to get to the point we are at, it may take a bit of time to figure out where we need growth.
As we grow, we understand this prayer much deeper...
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life