Thread: worried
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
austin07

worried

hi, am a 27 year old stay at home mom. i have been drinking on and off since i was about 19. for the most of the time i was a daily drinker consuming about a 12 pack a night. lately it has been 3 or 4 times a week about the same amount. i have a wonderful husband who helps me with my son and thus helps me continue my habit and i can't take it anymore.
heres my problem, (i do understand that no one is allowed to give medical advice, i am just asking for any knowledge on the subject or experience) lately i have noticed that my eyes look constantly bloodshot with just a tinge of yellow. i feel real healthy i am just worried that this is a stage of liver disease.
i have quit drinking last week because of my paranoia of not being able to have more children because i ruined my liver. i am an otherwise healthy girl, besides the drinking. i exercise 45 minutes a day 5 days a week and follow a balanced healthy diet. however i don't eat red meat. so i think the yellowing of the eyes could have something to do with low iron. i dunno.
what i want to talk about is has anyone had any experience with jaundice or liver disease. i have recently decided to hand my addiction over to god to help me, but i still am worried that the damage may already be done. i just want to be around for my family and to watch it grow and especially not have any problems that my kids would pick up and have to suffer from.
thank you for your time.