Notices

worried

Old 06-16-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worried

hi, am a 27 year old stay at home mom. i have been drinking on and off since i was about 19. for the most of the time i was a daily drinker consuming about a 12 pack a night. lately it has been 3 or 4 times a week about the same amount. i have a wonderful husband who helps me with my son and thus helps me continue my habit and i can't take it anymore.
heres my problem, (i do understand that no one is allowed to give medical advice, i am just asking for any knowledge on the subject or experience) lately i have noticed that my eyes look constantly bloodshot with just a tinge of yellow. i feel real healthy i am just worried that this is a stage of liver disease.
i have quit drinking last week because of my paranoia of not being able to have more children because i ruined my liver. i am an otherwise healthy girl, besides the drinking. i exercise 45 minutes a day 5 days a week and follow a balanced healthy diet. however i don't eat red meat. so i think the yellowing of the eyes could have something to do with low iron. i dunno.
what i want to talk about is has anyone had any experience with jaundice or liver disease. i have recently decided to hand my addiction over to god to help me, but i still am worried that the damage may already be done. i just want to be around for my family and to watch it grow and especially not have any problems that my kids would pick up and have to suffer from.
thank you for your time.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

My advice would be for you to go to your doctor, be honest with him, and ask him to do a liver test, along with a basic checkup. Good luck to you. (((HUGS)))
Old 06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i have a doctors appointment scheduled for wednesday, i am just driving myself crazy waiting. my husband says its all in my head and i look fine, i just have this feeling that something is wrong. i dunno. i don't want anything to be wrong. man i wish i felt this way last year after i had my son, cuz then i would have never started drinking again. i just wish i could at least have known before its possibly to late.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to our alcoholism forum.

I too suggest making an appointment with your physician. Remember though that the best way to get help is to be completely honest with your physician. Medical professionals deal with alcoholism/drug addiction on a regular basis. They can be your alli in finding a solution. But if you do not provide them with a clear picture of what is going on then they can not make as accurate of a diagnosis.

Just the fact that you feel you have possibly been drinking enough to have developed liver problems is a sign that you are probably drinking more than the normal drinker would. A good health checkup and honesty with your doctor can provide you with some answers to the health questions as well as refer you to resources to find help for the drinking if you choose to do that.

Hope to see an update soon from you and I sincerely hope it is good news from the doc.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you here with us...
.Congratulations on your new resolve.

I see you are already planning
to see your doctor....and that's exactly what you need.

Blessings to you and your family