View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Thumbs up Update on daughter

Megan spent 10 days in rehab and then went to their halfway house. My husband and I have gone to the family days and visited her today at the halfway house. She is attending meetings, IOP, doing volunteer work and learning to live in a house full of other recovering women. I do believe that she is truly ready this time. I am praying that she continues on this path, but I realize that she might not because addiction is such a cunning, baffling disease. She gets to come home next weekend. She misses her Petey (her chihuahua) so badly and he misses her too. I think that they have a special bond because when he sees her, he does not want to let her out of his sight. When we were walking around the grounds today he followed her and would not leave her side. Anyway just thought I would let you guys know what is happening and that she made the decision to go to rehab, she made the decision to stay in the halfway house and do the IOP. So maybe, just maybe she will continue to make the decisions that will keep her clean. Hugs, Marle