Old 06-14-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

I have been really pleased with the intelligent and thoughtful responses on this thread.

One of my pet peeves is when people decide that the Big Book says that people who take prescribed medications are not sober. When in fact the BB does not say that at all.

Common sense does tell most people that we should be careful when taking any medications and be sure we are taking it as prescribed rather than using it for something it was not intended for such as an escape from reality.

One thing that is nice to see is when people respect the fact that each of us are different and some of us suffer from mental health issues that need medical intervention. I am proud of our people here at SR that have respected that in their responses and still provided their opinions. I wish you the best and agree with the previous posters, be careful to take as prescribed. I do have one more suggestion and that is to help you find the source of this anxiety you might consider seeing a therapist. If anxiety is not treated it can develop into a much worse problem like PTSD. I only say this because my childhood anxiety has developed into PTSD in my sobriety because I did not work on finding the cause once I got sober and just tried to bull head my way through it.