Old 06-13-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ANGELINA243
We Do Recover

I have meds that were given by my DR. to be taken --as needed for panic attacks/anxiety. Granted--I haven't needed to take them in a while, but if it ever got to the point where I felt I was having a heart attack.....and if I really thought I needed one--I would take it. Luckily--I have been able to calm myself down before it has escalated to that point. Plus it sounds like you are keeping in touch with your Doctor and will go over how to handle it from here. My suggestion--try some breathing techniques first...or some other calming technique--and maybe as a last resort..go with the meds--if you are concerned about relapse. I never abused my panic attack meds. I took less than the recommended dose anyway because I didnt want to become dependent on them. If it is written on the label--Use as needed--and you aren't popping them like candy--it doesn't really matter what other people in the program say/think. Just be sure to follow up as soon as you can with your doctor. Plus, it also sounds like you have some other "mental" issues that need to be discussed as well. Good luck..and remember to BREATHE! :ghug3