Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Sdw))

Welcome to SR. You may also want to check out the friends/family of substance abusers forum here (sorry, I don't know how to put in the link), but there are a lot of family members going through the same thing.

As far as whether to confront him, I don't know. He will most likely try to deny it (despite the fact that you found it), say he was "holding it for someone else" or downplay it and say "it only happened once".

The fact is, you found it and you have the right (and obligation) to protect yourself and your daughter.

Cocaine is very addictive and it happens fast. Please make sure he has no access to your bank accounts or any credit cards or you may see money disappearing fast. I'm a recovering crack addict and went through some serious money really fast.

If he wants to get clean and into recovery (which means dealing with his addictive thoughts and behaviors) he will do it on his own. There is nothing you can do to make him do it. However, not giving him a soft place to land when he falls, will help him to reach his bottom faster. Most of us addicts don't choose recovery until the consequences of using overwhelm us.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy