View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 04:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CBB126

Help!!!...Dilemma....IDK

I need advice asap. Short background - married 20 years, 2 kids, house. I decided FINALLY to make a move, I cannot take AH husband any more, we had stopped speaking, everything. I was making plans for my life. I secured an apartment, bought furniture from second hand stores, had enough saved to float both the apt and house for 3 months...then, I got laid off two weeks ago. I am utterly devastated. I don't know what to do. I have been sending out resumes, calling for the past two weeks trying to find a job. I am trying to operate on faith, but it is so hard. To add insult to injury, I am an administrative assistant. I am tired of being an administrative assistant, but know that I have to do it in order to save my apartment. But with the economy is so crappy, I haven't had one bite. I also have been researching schools to see if there is any additional training that I can get to do something else as I don't have a college degree. I saw a nursing program that is one year. I don't know if I should forfeit my apartment (and sanity) or tough it out here 1 year and try to get into the nursing program. Last night I felt that I really couldn't stay here, by husband is just awful at times. But this is my second layoff in two years, and I just don't want to be on firing line again without something to hold on too. Administrative Assistant work is fast becoming not stable and I really need a skill that can transfer. Please help, I am losing it!!!