View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
grateful2b
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by beegee View Post
Thank you Greatful 2b, You write so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. You know that you are not alone but yet with each note my heart breaks to the parents who are living with this. My D would never talk to me about her feelings or the drugs. She was in denial for a long time to me. She was doing the 12 step but she did tell me she never talked because she is to shy. I hope that your daughter does well with the man you spoke of at the center. It would be a wonderful gift to see her suceed and only time will tell, I hope the baby steps lead to giant steps for you. Bless you and hugs to you.
just want to add, beegee, that 'now' we have some communication...we were always very close before addiction found her..
then I went through years of no communication with her, years full of horror stories and when there was any, it was in the form of abuse; verbal and sometimes physical...

I went into recovery (flaming codie here ) and I changed...learned to get out of the way among other things...lately she has slowly been shifting in response to that...baby steps but little bits of progress here and there...by focusing on me and not her, I have made it safe for her to come and share some of her truth....

Like SS says.."sometimes when we become healthy, we see the shift in those around us"
hugs,grateful

Last edited by grateful2b; 06-12-2008 at 09:09 AM.