Thread: Call from E.R.
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mooselips
Jujubee Queen

Call from E.R.

Good morning all,
Son's GF called us late last night, he was in E.R.
She gave the phone to him, and he said he took Valium, and Klonopin, because he was so "stressed" out. He sounded totally out of it.
He asked me to come to hospital last night, but I told him he was in good hands, and in the right place, and did not go.

His court sentencing comes up the end of the month, and he will be sentenced to between 2 to 10 years, and he is now in "panic" mode.

He was released this a.m. and called Mr. Moose, and they spoke awhile, Mr. Moose once again pointing out the positive sides of life, and encouraging son to find different friends, and get sober. Son has heard it a zillion times.
Mr. Moose told me later this a.m. that he thinks son sounds suicidal. His cell is turned off, so I have no way to call him back.

I am going to compose a letter today to send to his lawyer, to give to the judge, telling him of my sons history, although I don't think it will help much, you can never be sure.

Sometimes I feel my faith slipping, that he will ever seek the recovery road. This fella is going to be 35 years old in September.

Son told me a while back, that if he tells them, in prison, that he has "mental problems", like ADHD, they will medicate him with sinequin, which makes everyone a zombie. he said they give it to everyone, it's a standard.

(And a little bit of a vent, please...)
I get so darned irritated because no one seems to want to help these "lost" souls. Just toss them in and throw away the key.
When they're released, there isn't any help available, they can't find a job, because of their "felony" status, no one will hire them, and the chain starts again.. selling or dealing drugs to may money to survive.
But, then again, I'm sure, if son had goals of "sobriety, and recovery" help is there if he searched for it.

Okay, all better now, thank you...

Love and hugs to all....