Thread: need teeth
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Frog_2hop

Thanks Cats! He would adamantly deny driving impaired. I have a few 'facts' that would support my observations but most of it is just my word against his. He showed up at my house last Summer to get our trailer. He was way drugged and I told him he shouldn't drive, he said he was fine so I just called the police and they told him if he got in the car they'd arrest him. He didn't so they didn't do anything. It is a wimpy report but I have a copy of it. He has been seen many time by his family but they are soooooooooo in denial and protecting him from any impact his addiction is causing that they would NEVER get up in front of a court and say what they see. It is amazing the power addiction has even on those of us around it. I know I let him drive the kids for way too long in the first place. I was stuck in the same denial/protective mode. Thankfully I was able to pull my head out of the yuck before anyone got hurt. Most of the weight of him not driving falls on his family so if he got the right to drive back, a huge burden would be lifted from their shoulders. My family and friends have seen many many ugly scenes where he has chosen to drive, but that is 'my family' so not sure what kinda impact that would have on a judge. It has been called in multiple times when we know he is out there and shouldn't be....but I guess that could always be taken as 'the angry X wife' but it isn't that at all. I desperately fear for his and everyone else's safety on the road when he is out there. It is just scary to trust the safety of your children to someone who doesn't know anymore than what we each tell him. The thought of ever having to stand there and watch him drive away with the kids in the car makes me feel like vomiting. I guess I shouldn't stress on that now, it might not ever happen.