View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

For the Grandmas Raising Grandkids

I watched a television show on the weekend about grandmothers raising the children of their addicted children and the limited resources available to them. Many cannot afford the expense at a time in their life when they are also trying to finance their own retirement. Many have health issues that make this loving task so difficult.

The laws vary from state to state, province to province and even municipality to municipality, but I urge you each to get involved, writing your local politicians and childrens' aid societies and encourage them to at least treat you the same as they would foster parents, with assistance you so badly need.

My heart and prayers go out for each of you and for the children who are so very blessed to have someone like you to be their voice and to give them love and care to keep them safe from the chaos of addiction.

My prayers also go out for your addicted children, who have succumbed to a disease so powerful that it takes away those who need them most, their children.

God bless every one of you for doing what your heart leads you to do regardless of the cost, financially and physically, to yourselves. How brave and wonderful you are.

Huge Hugs of Respect and Gratitude