View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 01:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
homeworker

Yes I have detoxed many times before - water, juice, Stanley Burrows etc. The only difference this time was I did more coffee enemas (they shift toxins out of the liver pretty quickly). I usually do one a day while fasting but for the first 3 days I did 2 a day.

The symptoms were no worse than when I have previously fasted. First few days of fasting are usually the worse but mine weren't too bad and I can only associate that with the extra coffee enema.

It's nearly day 7 and I still feel great. I've actually had my first proper nights sleep so I'm really pleased with that.

As for exercising while fasting - it can be done, in fact it is encouraged to shift the toxins out. Whilst yoga, pilates etc are the usual people who usually run are encouraged to still run but to cut the time, distance and pace which is what I did.

I truly, honestly believe that to withdraw from alcohol it is essential to shift the toxins out of the body as quickly as possible as it's the toxins that make us feel rubbish. I did that via fasting coupled with psyllium husk, milk thistle, enemas and gentle exercise.

However, what works for one person doesn't work for another.... it's an individual choice but the right choice for me.