View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ananda

Interesting - i have to think about this occationally. I really don't like kids in meetings, but have never considered asking someone to leave. However, i have seen people rudely deal with parents with crying kids and i am not in agreement with it.

So - at one group we had a babysitter meeting once a week. I think that really is good. And i think having it be 12 step work for someone to watch the kid so the parent gets a meeting is a great thing. I really don't like kids, so i don't really want to do that. because i don't like them they generally don't like me either so it's a loose loose situation. However, after the last rudeness to a woman with a baby that i witnessed, i did decide that if someone is at a meeting with a fussy child i will offer to take it out for a walk.

I think it is inappropreite for a child to hear what is said in meetings (just an opinion, totally could be wrong), but it is way more inappropreite for a child to see the things i do when i am drinking...or even sober but in a fit.

My sponsor has kids, and we have discussed that when her younger daughterr (age 1 i think) gets just a little older we will have to rethink our meetings together so that she doesn't hear sexually explicit stuff and some of our more adult level conversation.