View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Children and AA meetings

Kj3880 brought up a good topic in a response to another thread. I felt the topic was worth discussing and hearing others opinions. Here is a quote of that topic. Kj3880, I hope you do not mind me stealing your topic.:sorry
On a related subject, often people (one woman in particular has 3 loud kids under the age of 3!) come into our meetings (I go to AA and NA) with loud, disruptive children. I also worry about them hearing the language and content that some people have used. It is appropriate for adults, but not children. Sometimes the children run around and scream and fight with each other, they always talk to me (for some reason children and dogs are drawn to me like the pied piper) and though they are really cute, it distracts from the meeting. I would hate for her to have to miss the meeting, but now I'm missing the meeting mentally instead of her, with her kids jumping all around and on me. And I'm sure it affects a lot others too. I don't say anything about it because I've only been going to meetings for a few months.
kj