View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rockysixx

Friend just returned from rehab

I'm hoping I can get a little help or insite into this. I have been searching the web for help etc. I have a very close friend that spent 2 months in rehab for having a problem with alcohol. She returned home about a month ago. I'm trying to be supportive, but she has told me many times she thinks she can still drink a little bit here and there. I've also come to find out that she has been drinking a good amount of wine. She sees that as being different then say vodka. Everytime I see her she debates me on this and asks for a drink. I've told her I will not enable her. Her mother has told me that she has found empty bottles etc and she herself has told me she has had a couple of drinks while out by herself. I'm not sure how I should be handling this. I have/had alcoholic family members and friends that were drug addicts, but I've never had someone really test me and debate me this way. She also has a close friend that she surrounded herself with (it became a problem when he came into her life) that has told her AA is a cult. It just disgusts me that he would try to steer her away from the one thing that will help her. What should I be doing to help her? It's obvious to me and everyone around her that she should distant herself from this "friend", but she denies his envolvement.

THANKS for your help!!!