View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
homeworker

I've fasted before - juice, stanley burrows, water - u name the fast and I've done it. I've always quit drinking when I've fasted but as soon as the need for a drink arose, the fast finished. I agree with Done With It, fasting isn't for everyone.

Whilst fasting I take psyllium husks to get fibre into my system and milk thistle to quicken the detox and also take daily coffee enemas (the coffee enemas release toxins, in my case alcohol, out of the system quickly). I've never done a fast to quit alcohol, previously I've done them to clear out my system before I got back on the booze. Think this one will be different as I will have to go for longer to quit the drink for good. Meeting sister for a run 2moro morning which will get toxins out quicker so hopefully by Tuesday I will start to feel a bit better.

Will keep you updated on how my withdrawal from drink via fasting is going.

Thanks to everyone who has posted. Just knowing that there are people out there who are either currently going thro the same or have already quit the drink and are simply posting to give encouragement, you will never know how much it means. I hope one day to be totally free of drink and be able to support others who are just starting their journey.MANY THANKS.x