View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i4getsm

Originally Posted by NicTKD View Post
I was gone for an hour and our 1 yr old boy was asleep when I left and when I got back. I worry for both of them while I am not there. There are together alone one day a week and this is the danger time. She goes to AA, has seen her GP and to be fair is a once in a while binge drinker.

Is there anything else I can do to help her, while not appearing controlling or untrusting?
Anvil: I was going to say the same thing about leaving hte 1 yr old boy with her.

I think at this point you need to protect YOU and your son. It's not a matter of appearing controlling or untrusting (which are words used to manipulate you btw). You need to take care of YOURSELF. If it appears that you are not trusting her because of it...well that's her interpretation and has nothing to do with YOU. Make sense? So she fell off the wagon. Does she want to get sober? Does she want to embrace life in recovery? Only she can know where her heart is right now. And only you can protect yourself and your precious child. Let her worry about her recovery.