View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by dor5711 View Post
I've had a few posts in the last week or so. My SO is still in a medically induced coma after a week. I spoke to his brother earlier - he called me. And he said he believes the doctors are preparing him for the worst and he has been named next of kin. OMG -- I don't want him to die. I just wanted him to stop drinking. I am feeling numb and totally not believing that he did this to himself and the people who love him. No matter how angry I got at him and how much I detached myself, I never thought it would end like this. I can't help but care. He was a big part of my life and we spent 5 good years together before he started drinking again.

I have not been to the hospital. I cannot watch someone else die.....(I was at the hospital for 10 days with dad before he died 3 months ago).

Prayers please
Doreen
Went through this with my Mom recently, the docs had us climbing the walls, call down to the hospital to sign DNR papers and the like. I'm not clairvoyant but doctors do have a bad habit of "preparing the family for the worse" that never actually comes to pass. My thoughts go out to you.