How do I do this?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I do this?

I've had a few posts in the last week or so. My SO is still in a medically induced coma after a week. I spoke to his brother earlier - he called me. And he said he believes the doctors are preparing him for the worst and he has been named next of kin. OMG -- I don't want him to die. I just wanted him to stop drinking. I am feeling numb and totally not believing that he did this to himself and the people who love him. No matter how angry I got at him and how much I detached myself, I never thought it would end like this. I can't help but care. He was a big part of my life and we spent 5 good years together before he started drinking again.

I have not been to the hospital. I cannot watch someone else die.....(I was at the hospital for 10 days with dad before he died 3 months ago).

Prayers please
Doreen
Old 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your SO (((Dor))). What a tragedy. I'm so sorry for your pain. This disease is truly a killer. I hope you can find solace in prayer to your HP and by coming here and sharing. Hugs to you tonight, sweetie
Old 05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear this. PRAYING
Old 05-29-2008, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have my prayers Dor as you go through this ending. I pray for your So also that his death may be easy. Know that he will be leaving his pain behind and go on to a better place.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm hoping and praying that this isn't the end for him. I have faith and hope that God will give him another chance to do it right. This man was sober for 16 years before picking up again 2 1/2 years ago due to circumstances that would have downed anyone years before. I'm not making excuses for him....believe me I know that better than anyone but I also know he can do it again with or without me. I am praying every second that he didn't go too far this time and will have a chance to try again. So positive prayers and vibes are very appreciated.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dor5711 View Post
I've had a few posts in the last week or so. My SO is still in a medically induced coma after a week. I spoke to his brother earlier - he called me. And he said he believes the doctors are preparing him for the worst and he has been named next of kin. OMG -- I don't want him to die. I just wanted him to stop drinking. I am feeling numb and totally not believing that he did this to himself and the people who love him. No matter how angry I got at him and how much I detached myself, I never thought it would end like this. I can't help but care. He was a big part of my life and we spent 5 good years together before he started drinking again.

I have not been to the hospital. I cannot watch someone else die.....(I was at the hospital for 10 days with dad before he died 3 months ago).

Prayers please
Doreen
Went through this with my Mom recently, the docs had us climbing the walls, call down to the hospital to sign DNR papers and the like. I'm not clairvoyant but doctors do have a bad habit of "preparing the family for the worse" that never actually comes to pass. My thoughts go out to you.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My wife has done this twice. The last time she had a 7% chance of making it. She is alive and kicking. I hope your SO has the same luck. Maybe he/her can stop drinking. Have hope!...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for your positive posts. I went through this with my dad and we were called down to sign the DNR papers, etc. But my dad was 89 and had a weak heart. It was his time no matter how hard it was for us to lose him (he was not a drinker). This is not my SO's time. He has alot of living left to do and I can only hope that will be without drinking. I'm not getting alot of info from the brother just the gut feeling that they are preparing him for the worst. He doesn't seem to have alot of info and says the docs aren't very talkative. I wish he would push a bit and get more information. Unfortunately, I'm just the SO who has been through hell and back with him and has no legal right. So thank you again for your positive thoughts and prayers and please continue them. I am an emotional wreck at this point.

Prayers,
Doreen
Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Dor So sorry that you are going through this-This disease is a horrible thing-

Pray and stay positive that God will give him another chance-if that is what you believe in your heart.

IMHO I do not think we can ever prepare ourselves for such a horrible thing like this to happen-however I do believe that whatever the outcome it is truly the right thing at the time.

If we believe in our HP that we will be carried through the rough times. I too went through this with my father (drinker) and it was then I had to put my hope and faith in my HP. I had a lot of regrets with my Dad and I was able to work through them today....never let go of the hope-

Try to let go of the past and the anger you feel for whatever else is going on and just pray for him-

Sending prayers your way

Hang in there-
Old 05-29-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for the two of you
Mega Hugs for you
Old 05-29-2008, 10:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You and your SO are in my thoughts and prayers.

gentle hugs
Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you
Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Once again thank you for your prayers. Please keep them coming. I am an emotional wreck. How did we get to this point?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh dor

I'm so sorry. Sending you and your so my very best wishes and for the strength to pull through this. :ghug2
Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Keeping you in my heart Dor, I pray this turns out well

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Praying for you Doreen. (((HUGS)))
Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

One never truelly knows "how we got to this point" some how many of us get here, Many more of us survive this hell, with the help of Allanon, sober recovery and our family and friends, may God bless you in this time of need, you are in my thoughts and prayers, both of you.

Kermmie
Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Prayers for you and your SO are going up from Long Island.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Once again I am overwhelmed by your good thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much! How can God help but hear and listen to all these prayers from people that don't even know him? I'm keeping the faith and hope alive. I haven't heard anything more about the situation. Every time the phone rings, my heart stops and my stomach sinks. Please keep those thoughts and prayers coming for us both. :praying