Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dixied

sorry nana it was a typo.........I meant CHH standing for crack head husband.
my old age is kicking in.........regarding my dil.......I always call first before I go over. I can never just "drop by" that is a no-no.
This is a little incident that happened .........really the straw that broke the camel's proverbial back...........
I got my brother to find a man that would paint an area on my dil's house that badly needed it. I paid for the paint and labor. My brother asked if I would go over there and take the painter some water and food for lunch because my brother was on the other side of town. Well, I did that and thought since I was over there I could knock on the door to see my grandson. An adult babysitter was there as well as her teen age daughter. I identified myself and asked if I could see my grandson. The babysitter let me in and she was nice and I had no reason to think anything to the contrary.
It was a short visit and later on in the week I dropped by again and dil's mom was the babysitter but when the dil came home she was rude, did not acknowledge me so I excused myself and left. Later on (a few days later) I called and asked if there was a problem to which she replied I had gone over and frightened her babysitter........mind you the babysitter was an adult, she had her daughter there too, I stood on the porch and identified myself and the main reason I went over there was to take a man some food and water for lunch and he was there because I was paying to have the house she was living in painted. So I ask you, how do you deal with someone like that? Her answer to many issues is the silent treatment. I may add I am used to it by now.....sort of no way for me to win but I see her less and less and tell her very little. But the post she did was most enlightening as to what is in store for me and my family.........thanks for listening. It did feel good for me to get this off my chest..........dixied