View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alynn07

Angry Some Family Rejects sober husband

I don't understand it, and I am quite angry. Earlier last year, a few of my family members stated that they were "making bounderies" and not going to be a part of my alcoholic husband life. They stated that they will no longer attend family functions if he were there. I understood at the time, because he was a raging alcoholic. Now he's a sober alcoholic and it's been 6 months, and they still don't want him attending family functions when they are present. How is this fair? My son and I are welcome, but I cannot bring my husband-of whom they know is sober-but don't quite believe it!It is causing a disruption and a division for my entire family! My sister and mother have to plan functions at two separate times so that "they" aren't all there at the same time. Everyone else is giving into their unrealistic demands to "keep the peace", but I am at the point where I will not attend functions if he is not welcome. It is difficult, however because I do not want my son to miss out. Am I wrong?