View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

My friend that I've told you about, her daughter had a house, car, etc, high paying job by the time she was around 23, etc.... she lost it all..
Her Mom was devastated when she lost it all.. It's been a hell of a few years for them both, some jail, etc.. but now there is a clean time, and the girl just got a promotion, has saved money, and is in the process of rebuilding her credit, and trying to buy the items she lost....

But like I've said over and over to you, she had to get out of her daughters way, stop cleaning up her messes, stop saving her daughter, so that her daughter knew that she could save herself....

I know how many tears this Mom cried, because I talked to almost every day when she had to do it..... But today she can cry tears of happiness again watching the baby steps she makes rebuilding her life...
I know each path is different, but I know, 99% of the stories of recovery I see start with the person being able to believe they can do it on their own.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.... You are stronger than you have any idea... You CAN do this Obsessed.. You've grown miles and miles since the first day you came here...... Hang Tough!!
Much Love, Light, and Strength going out to both you and Lauren!