View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Serenity8

I love threads like this, where we can all just check in. Great reminder, codeinewife. I couldn't agree more with needing that reminder. I have to sit on my hands sometimes to not do things for my husband that he should do himself.

And to answer your question about our weekend - my weekend was pretty good, but mostly because I made a decision to not rely on AH at all. Yesterday I had an amazing day with my kids. AH told me he needed to go into work (he has a M-F type job) for a "couple of hours" to catch up on stuff, so I made plans with my mom to take my kids to the park. It was an unbelievably beautiful day here on the east coast, and we had a great time. We went to 5 PM mass, picked up dinner, and I got the kids in the bath and to bed before AH got home. He was gone for 10+ hours, but I just didn't have any expectations so I wasn't disappointed. I was annoyed that he told our 5 year old he'd be heading home around 3 PM, because she held onto that and kept saying we had to get home to see him. I told her not to take it personally, that sometimes daddy loses track of time and it has nothing to do with us.

Today he was doing ok - he went to an AA meeting and was really engaging and involved with the kids when he got home, so I took advantage and left him with the kids and got a mani/pedi!! It was great to get some ME time because those moments are really few and far between. I didn't go to my #1 place because they didn't have an opening, but I found a place that could take me at such short notice. Such is my life right now....but I am finding lots of reasons to be grateful every single day.