View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don W

Hi Saucy, I can tell you first hand about Paxil and alcohol. I was on paxil the last time I went out drinking. I was trying to control my drinking with it. This sounds crazy but, alcohol makes you do crazy things. I thought that it would keep me from getting depresed, which would get me to drink less. Well, after just a few drinks I would act and sound drunk.
Not only that but, I would go into deep black outs. This combination also hurt my mobility. I was falling down steps,
falling off curbs etc. I had a number
of wounds from this. I could tell my drunks by the different stages of the healing of wounds. I ended up getting hit by a car. I decided combining these 2 were wrong. So, I gave up the Paxil.
The combination of Paxil and alcohol withdrawl was terrible. I thought of suicide many times but, Ihad done that before and the thought of having myself filled with charcoal again prevented that. I would suggest you get her to a treatment center. I am on Paxil now, and a few months ago I ran out for a few days. The nightmares are so life like
your daughter may be having these.
Morning Glory on the PTSD boards has some good postings on Paxil withdrawl.
It, helps alot when taken properly but,
with alcohol and unsupervised withdrawl could be bad. MG can tell you
more. My prayers a with you both but,
medical help should be sought. Don W