Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
daisylady

trying to detach, increased manipultion from addict???

So, for once in two years I did something for ME.. I entered a 10K race... ran the race on Saturday and I did pretty good. I felt so proud of myself! For once, I took care of me and it felt so good!!!

Problem is, I felt like my AH was resentful because of it... I mean he did all of the things he was supposed to do. He came to the race with me and stood on the sidelines and said he was proud of me but I really think he was angry about it. I think he was upset because some of my attention was taken away from HIM! We got in a big fight the night before the race because I was on the computer putting new songs on my ipod and he was upset because I wasn't spending any time with him?!?!? So, I went downstairs to spend some time with him and he was still being short with me so I just went to bed. So, of course the drama continued; he came upstairs while I was trying to sleep (I had to get up at 4:30AM) and told me he was moving out because he was sick of MY bullS*&T!?! (Did you catch that... MY BULLS*%T????? Not his crap but my crap?) Of course after he matured about ten years he came back upstairs and woke me up and said he was sorry. He got up with me the next day to go to the race but I felt like he was trying to ruin MY EXPERIENCE because it had nothing to do with him.

We got into another fight when we got home from the race... WHEW... so tiring that just for one day he couldn't focus on ME instead of himself... but anyway this fight was about how he thinks I act like I can't stand to be around him and that I act like I don't love him and I don't show him any affection. He says he wants me to back off but when I do then he says that I don't love him... He is smoking pot right now and of course he says he is going to stop but he hasn't yet... Hopefully he will make it to his therapist appointment today!

Just venting really but has anyone else shared the same experiences? :wtf2