Old 05-10-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NOMOMERLOTMAMMA
No more merlot, more mamma

Hi Suki,

I can share with you as a member of AA and as a partner of a person who has worked a program and not worked a program.

I honestly can say that I certainly wouldn't be where I am now, or who I am now without the program of AA. I'm not much of a meeting person, I go to three a week, however the Steps have really changed my life. And I do find if I miss a few meetings, I don't keep things in perspective as well.

As a partner of someone who was out of AA for 5 years, and has gone back to AA for the last year, well, the difference is unbelievable! She is a completely different person when she's working a program. She didn't relapse, but there was a few really really bad points during those years. I have to be honest and say having a relationship with an active partner (me) certainly didn't help things.

That's my experience. If AA isn't for you, then I would suggest using any program really. I just think its easier to handle sobriety with a good support system. You know, someone to kick your butt when those old behaviors kick in!

Congrats on the 30 days!
Karen