Old 05-10-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

Hi suki, you pose a good question and one that has no definite answer. first off, congrats on the month clean!!!! that is no easy feat. As for destined to relapse not being in AA. I do not believe that at all. I do not have THAT much clean time, (5 months 1 week sober) There is a great book that I am currently reading called Addiction is a Choice. It is written by Jeffrey A Schaler, he is a PH.D in addiction. He has some very interesting veiwpoints about addiction and dispels a lot of what he calls the "AA myths" He describes in his book an alternative way of getting clean and staying clean from drugs rather than the 12 step program. I don't want to **** anybody off who is working the program of AA or NA. To you all i say congrats that you found something to keep you clean and I wish you all the best.

Suki if you'd like to know more about the book I would be happy to PM you some examples of the techniques he explains to keep yourself drug//alcohol free, I would just prefer not typing them on the open forum because the last time I did that I managed to get flamed hard by a bunch of people from AA because I did not agree with there opinions on getting clean + staying clean. I don't wish to go through that again

One final note, don't let ANYBODY tell you that because you don't follow the AA way of life that you are destined to relapse. The human mind is very complex and Recovery from addiction is not a precise formula. Different people get sober different ways.

Good luck in whatever you choose suki and most importantly stay sober!!!