View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
imallright

Work was my escape for a good number of years. At work I was important. People respected me and I felt like I could control or influence what was happening around me. I hid at the office, because home was not fun. But you know, work wasn't enough either... I was hiding and I didn't know how to connect and live my life.

I finally was so miserable that I didn't know if work was the problem or if home was the problem and I decided to leave work and figure out what was best for me. It was one of the first steps in putting me first and finding me again. As it turns out, I was not happy at home either...tough to feel good when the husband has a problem with addiction and it totally impacts your life... but until I decided to stop hiding, I wasn't dealing with the real issue. Stepping away from a crazy, high pressure job and hiding place, and then taking the time to see what I wanted out of life, lead me to make the decision to grab the reins ... in my case literally... of my life and move on.

Please think about WHY you are staying at work... and if it's not because you LOVE what you do, then figure out what you do LOVE to do and do it!

All the best to you.