Thread: Baby steps...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fallingdown

Baby steps...

Well friends last night was Trivia Night. Oh how I LOVE trivia...you know that video trivia that they have at..egaaads...bars of all places. I was real nervous yesterday because I was kinda stressed out and I thought about gulping down a few beers with my game..so then I thought I shouldn't go at all, then I came to my senses and told my self no uncertain terms if I go there would be no drinking (this is just crazy, does everyone have this kind of internal dialogue or is it just addicts?)...so I went, and drank diet coke, and I won, twice!! I never won twice before. It's a tough crowd up there and they always kick my butt, but not last night. And my husband complimented me on the good job I am doing with sobriety (as I was driving him home from the bar because he'd been drinking)...

You know I thought about what Anna has said about how it helped her to just stay away from alcohol until she could deal with it...and I agree...but I don't know where else I can play video trivia (nor bask in the jealousy and admiration of the other players...lol...) that isn't a bar. GRRRR. Anyway just thought I'd update and share, hope you are all doing well today.

Fallin