Old 05-06-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

I tried to force myself to stay with my husband for years. He was emotionally unavailable. He couldn't meet my needs emotionally. So I tried to bury my emotional needs - I was convinced I was the one with the problem. One day I nearly drove my car off a bridge - I just wanted out. I felt dead inside. It scared the hell out of me that I was so depressed I actually wanted to kill myself. It scared some sense into me as well. Sure I cared about the guy, I loved him (in an agape kind of love) but I had given up so much for our relationship and I wasn't getting anything back. I felt guilty leaving but it was the best thing for both of us. I wasn't being fair to him. I was holding him back in his life. I was killing myself in the process. Staying in a relationship for the relationships sake or because of fear of the unknown is not the right reason to stay in a relationship.

Maybe what I am about to say is out of line so I apologize but I have to say it wife, now you both have broken your vows. What's holding this relationship together? Oh wait. I just remembered you are not really married so you haven't broken vows. Youre just in an unfulfilling relationship with a drug addict who doesn't meet your needs...