Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bluebelle

Originally Posted by codeinewife View Post
She said that the feelings a crush brings up were a reminder of what was missing and what one was breaking free to find - happiness and joy of living.
I agree with codeinewife. You are not receiving what you need from your relationship with your "hubby."

As long as he is on drugs, he is not going to be able to be there for you emotionally. I have experienced this with my own AH. The drugs kept him preoccupied, and became the most important thing in his life. Plus, he was taking them so that he wouldn't feel.

However, I would caution you from acting on any feelings with this friend. For one thing, it can get really messy if you are both in relationships. Plus, you may find that it is easy to rush to someone else to hope that they will cure your bad feelings, when you need to find those solutions within yourself. I say this only because I think I understand what you are feeling and going through. I've been there myself. I've also almost made some big mistakes because of those feelings.

On the other hand, don't ignore the fact that you are not getting enough from your present relationship. You deserve more!!!