Old 05-03-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ZombieWife

I don't think you're scum of the Earth at all. I think many of us know how lonely it can be. I would just exercise caution. There are other people involved here, whether or not they are meeting your needs or your friend's needs.

I try to imagine my husband with someone else, just talking a lot and holding another woman (even if nothing sexual happens,) and that's a terrible, hurtful thing to imagine.

You could both really end up devastating two people, even if these people aren't the right fit for either of you. At one point in my life, I was engaged to a man that ended up cheating on me. I only wish he had the spine to tell me he was that unhappy, that we weren't the right fit. It was a terrible betrayal and one that I didn't heal from for a very long time.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just to help you see that the others involved (your fiance and this guy's significant other.) If you left your fiance, what would happen with you and this other guy?

I will say that I think what you are doing (getting yourself financially set up just in case) is an excellent idea. It takes a lot of courage to do that!