View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
brentsgirl

I am so glad I found this sight. Everyones advice has been do helpful and so insightful- thank you! I dropped the rest of the stuff off at his mother's house this morning. As much as I would have loved to give it to him in person, I think it would be too hard on me right now and I don't want to make feel like I am pressuring him. His 12 year old daughter was there, so that was hard in itself. This poor little girl is torn in two. She's aware of his addiction and turned to me alot to talk about her feelings. Now she is feeling like he took me away from her. Even though she and I still talk.

I found a meeting locally tonight, so I am going to go to that. I have to say though, I am nervous. I am still very raw from it all and I know the tears will fall. it is easy to do that here, when I am home and can cry freely, with no one seeing.

One last thing.........I kept his addiction a secret from my family and most of our friends. Now, the secret i tried so hard to keep is out, as I have had to tell some people in order to explain the sudden break up. Funny how I am still defending him. I found that when people said "oh he's just a jerk" I was telling the secret and defending him, saying he's not a jerk, this is why..............