View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome to SR Brentsgirl!

This is more than likely the most confusing time in his life. Without the drugs mucking up his mind, he now has reality dead smack in his face to put it bluntly. All of the feelings that he had been trying to avoid by using are now rushing at him from all directions One of the biggest feelings that most addicts have is guilt and shame. When he said that he felt like he is no good for you, I'm sure he believes that. This is how he is FEELING. Regardless of if he truly is good for you or not, he FEELS that he isn't. He's going to need time to work through his feelings.

You didn't mention if you use or not. Even if it's only on occassion he is going to need to remove himself from people, places and things that are a part of the life he is trying to get out of.

The only one who can answer if there is a chance for the two of you is God. If I were you, I think the best thing you can do is to give him his space. If you pressure him, this could send him back out using because any kind of stress puts an addict early in Recovery is a rough and dangerous spot. Is there some way that you could let him know that you are thinking about him without him feeling overwhelmed? Maybe send him a thinking of you card?

Hang in there. It took him time to get to the point he is at now so it's going o take time to get himself stable.

God Bless,
Judy