View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Welcome to SR!

I know it feels like you are being left behind, but as a recovering crack addict, I can tell you it's a full time job (at first) to focus on recovery. Al-anon or nar-anon would be great for you. Though al-anon is for loved ones of alcholics, many, many people have found support there, no matter what substance their loved one uses. It will help you put your focus back on you.

Addiction hasn't just affected him, it's affected you, too, though sometimes it's hard to see until you step back. Recovery from crack, or any other substance, is possible but there is always a possibility of relapse and that is something you need to be aware of. Not only that, but a person who binges on crack usually progresses if they don't seek recovery (I know my addiction progressed really fast). I'm not trying to bring you down, just stating facts. I have 13 months clean and am working hard to make sure crack is never a part of my life again. I left my boyfriend because he continues using.

As far as is there a chance for you two, there's no answer yet. The best thing you can both do is focus on yourselves. Be the best person YOU can be, without focusing on him, and let him be the best HE can be.

Keep posting and read around. There are a LOT of people here in the same position you're in.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy