View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

For someone with just three months into her Recovery, I think you're doing wonderful. You are identifying feelings, working the Steps and haven't picked up. That's awesome. Recovery is a process not an event. It's a constant learning and growing experience
Judy said what I wanted to say very well. Uni you are right where you should be right now! Feelings, man were they a bear in early sobriety and just as I would think I have a handle on handling feelings a new one would pop up!!!! At 3 months and beyond emotions are like a roller coaster ride, but the more time under our belts, the more steps we work, and the better we learn to apply the principles of the steps in all our daily affairs, the smoother that roller coaster ride gets.

Trust me it does get better, a lot of times I would ask myself "Is it really getting better?" Well when I sat down and would remember what it was like for me just a month before, 90% of the time it was better, one thing for sure, it never got worse then it was a month before.