View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome to Feeling Unigirl. Welcome to Recovery.

In my opinion, you seem to be right on track so to speak.

Recovery is a learning process. We are learning, for the first time in how many years, how to feel. And this is honestly uncomfortable at times. If you stop and think of how old you were when you began using, how long you used, ect, that amt. of time was spent not feeling. So when we removed the chemicals, all of those feelings come flooding back full force.

One Day at A Time Here.

One Step at A Time.

You mentioned that you are quite lonley, especially in the evenings at bedtime. Early in my Recovery, I kept myself busy as hell throughout the days then at night, I didn't know what do do with myself. My mind was clear of the chemicals and ripe for all of the stinking thinking to come rushing in. Are you going to meetings? You mentioned doing your 6th Step on Sunday. There are many, many things to do in Recovery with Sober people beyond just meetings. Especially this time of year There are many area picnics coming up, weekend retreats, ect. Check out the bulletin board if there is one at a meeting. At the beginning when it is asked if there are any announcements, this isn't the last quick shot at the coffee pot, it's when alot of the upcoming events are announced.

As for the nighttime lonliness, I either get here on SR and read and post and I also Journal. This is a great way to not only write down my feelings but to look back and see my own personal growth. With a little over 1,000 days Clean and Sober, I can look back to a few months ago and read something I wrote that at the time seemed to be a huge problem. Now, it helps me to realized that I got through it without using and also, that no matter how big things seem to be now, they aren't that tragic as I made them out to be at the time.

For someone with just three months into her Recovery, I think you're doing wonderful. You are identifying feelings, working the Steps and haven't picked up. That's awesome. Recovery is a process not an event. It's a constant learning and growing experience.

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today,
Judy

:day4