View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

For a month I have been bugging Mr. Queenie to go with me and get passport photo's taken, so I can apply for our passports...not like I ever go anywhere interesting or anything, but I thought we should have them.

Today out of nowhere he pulls into Walmart and says "passport photos are done there." Does he not know that Queen Ann needs to be ready to have her picture taken????

Bad enough I wasn't dressed for this, bad hair day and no mascara...how can a passport photo depict me mascaraless???? Then, perky Miss Nazi Photo Lady says in a nasal voice "Take off your glasses!!"

"But I can't see without them" I whined in my very best Queenie whine.

"Glasses or photo...you choose" she snarled. Then; "Take that clip out of your hair!" NPL barked.

"But..."I began, in a whine six octaves higher than a dog can hear, then thought better.

"No smiling!" she hissed. "Don't worry!" I thought, "I'll never smile again."

So I got my picture taken, minus mascara that I always wear, minus glasses without which I cannot see and over no international border I would cross without them on my face, and minus a clip that at least gave my hair "position" and some semblance of "style".

I no longer look like "me". That only becomes a problem when I now have to find someone authorized to sign that it IS me and that they have known me two years. Which means I have to actually SHOW that picture to someone I know. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!