View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
Noticing the removal of the inflammatory post, I've edited accordingly, but I will say this in a general sense... I'm sure the regulars have seen innumerable "newbies" such as myself ask the same questions and relate similar experiences. I'm sure you may very well get tired of having to replicate the same tried and true responses, and for my part I'm going to make a more thorough reading of the stickies. But remember, not all of us have read every pamphlet or had years of experience...that's why we're here, quite possibly in a time of crisis where e-courtesies like reading stickies may give way to a frenetic "what do I do about this" type post. I was obviously guilty of the same. A simple link to a stickied post that covers relevant topics and a kind word can go a long way.
I hope you are finding the help and support you are looking for here. It's a GREAT site and probably saved my life. I found this place back in June when my exabf, who was supposedly in recovery turned my life upside down.

I'm not understanding the above however, from what i read, everyone has been supportive and understanding. We are just speaking of our own experiences. A reading the sticky suggestion is just a helpful tool for you and so many of us.

I hope things work out with you and your gf. It's a tough road to travel and i don't wish it on anyone.....

hugs