View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
NYC_Chick

Originally Posted by abcdefg View Post
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]
I don't want to be with someone who is perfectly comfortable abandoning me (not that it's actually personal) for WEEKS on end and, furthermore, justifies it by claiming I'm the one exhibiting "abusive" behavior. *sigh* And who then shows up acting as if nothing was really wrong at all. All part of the disease...
I totally went through this with mine. He would always say that I was emotionally abusive to him during yet another irrational argument. Then act like everything was fine. Mine also often took it a step further. He would actually say he was sorry for the fight, then hours or days later would decide he wasn't over it yet and the whole cycle began again!

One fight like this still sticks out. It was toward the end of the relationship. I dropped him off at a gig earlier in the day and drove his car back to my apartment. He came back in with another bandmate at 3 in the morning. He started some crazy argument before the gig that I thought was completely resolved by the time he got out of the car. When he arrived at my house, he wasn't speaking to me and said he was going to crash at my place because he was too tired to drive back into the city (about a 45 minute drive). I asked if he was not speaking to me or upset at me. He said he had nothing to say to me because he was upset over MY behavior earlier in the day. Hmmm. I told him to leave because I wasn't going to be uncomfortable in my own home if I didn't have to. He looked puzzled by this, gathered his things, gave me a bunch of puppy dog eyes before he walked out the door, then finally left. Of course, I was worried sick something would happen to him, but I just couldn't do the craziness that night.

Now his whole family, and anyone who will listen, knows what a rotten person I am ; )

Thanks! (((abc)))