Thread: End of my rope
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ZombieWife

I think time away would be great for you! And yes, take your checkbook too. I will share something with you and I don't know if it will help much. But, when I was younger (in my late teens/early 20's) I really was kind of a jerk to my mom. She helped me a lot with money. I took advantage. I'll admit that now. I did some things that I am not proud of.

I think what helped me the most was when she sat down and asked "Where did I go wrong? Was I that bad of a mother?" She was just crying and crying. I'd never seen her so hurt and upset. I won't ever forget that. I was the one who was a brat, who was ungrateful. And she felt like she was a "bad mother."

Over time, I came to see that. Now, we're closer than we ever were. We still have our issues, but after having a child, I understand now. I remember apologizing to her when my daughter was born and telling her, "I get it now, mom. I get it.... finally."

The thing is, I always loved my mom. I loved her so much and still do. I think I was just angry about some things and I took it out on her. Right now, my daughter is almost 9 months old and she's entering this phase where she will act like an angel around grandma, grandpa and even my husband. But, when she's around me, she can be a little monster. It's like she knows she can do it because she feels more comfortable around me?

Perhaps taking some of the comfort away from them will help the situation. And taking a breather yourself.

I am sorry for the rambling. Either way, (big hug!)