Thread: I can do this
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
lostnow

Originally Posted by tracee1010 View Post
My son is 5 y/o and its been me and him since day one. His father maybe sees him once a month, but over the years has gones many months even a year once, with any contact. I do not allow him to be high or use around us... sooooo he is not around.

I went back to school and became a LDAC and have taught my son since about age 3 about "yucky drugs". about a year ago.. i finally told him that is why Daddy isnt around very much, because he is sick but he wont go to the doctor to get better. My sons life has always consisted of me and my family so he dosent miss much at this point.

However, my son has a brother, a year older who is being raised by thier father and that boys mother. the house hold is absolute choas.. this 6 year old has the mouth of a sailor, and has already been in the principals office for stealing and fighting in Kindergarten!!!! he says his mom and dad fight all the time... So I get to see first hand what I saved my son from by NOT being with him... I think it will be very apparent watching the boys grow up apart and in different lifestyles.

Even on rare occasion when we go over to grandmas' house and everyone is there, my son ususlly askes to leave within an hour or so.. He is visibally disturbed by the choas of what they call "daily life"

It is hard,, but I would do it over in a minute.. He may not have the perfect father metor but he has another very valuable lesson,, what not to be as a father.

Remember, it is very important what you tell your children but it is CRUTIAL in what they see............................................... .................................................. ...

Sending you strength and hugs
Join our single parents thread!!
I'm trying to save my kids from that chaos. The last few months were pure hell and I did not want my kids to see what they saw.
For me it's hard because it was not always bad there were very good years.
He was a very good father at one point and my oldest had a wonderful life at my youngest child's age with his dad. That hurts me that my youngest does not knew his dad like that.

The last few years were not so great but there is 15 years between us. It's hard not to look back on the years and think maybe these last few were my fault.
So I write and burn it every little bad moment between us so I don't let it go it adds up and I've come to realize it's not my fault.
There were of course bad moments though out our relationships just more good then bad way back when. Then I think the signs were all there I should have ran along time ago this was bound to happen. Sorry for rambling.