Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
really_fed_up
Sister of Alcoholic

Yay! What a fun post. About me:

I'm 31, 5'7", slender, redheaded / blue-green eyed / pale prone-to-sun damage skin. Style-wise I'm into colors and funky, "indie" clothing + shoes, shoes, shoes (what is it about women and shoes?). Just got married to my bf of 5 years. He gets and shares my sarcastic sense of humor, and he's intelligent, sweet, kind, and my total "rock" in these tough situations (in addition to you all, of course ).

I'm a college English and ESL teacher (but I tend to not be very grammatically or punctuationally-correct on these posts--see? I just made up a word!--so don't judge my Eng. skills by my emails, LOL). It's an amazing field to work in; I learn so much from my students. In spite of not paying much attention to grammar in my emails, I actually am quite a grammar and language geek. I really LIKE figuring out verb tenses, sentence structure, etc., and be careful if you challenge me to a game of Scrabble--I become obsessive!

My husband and I live in a very expensive state, so no plans to buy a house in the near future, if ever...I lived in San Francisco for 3 years (a great city), but we now reside outside of SF. We have one adorable kitty and plan to hold off on kids for at least 5 years.

In addition to teaching I am an avid knitter; when I'm not teaching or online, I knit, knit, knit. I'm currently working on starting up a kids / baby clothes online knitting site. I also created and run a charity knitting group whose express purpose is to create and donate blankets and other items to animal shelters and animal rescue organizations in the area.

I volunteer at our local animal shelter as well, working with the kitties and socializing them; it is very difficult to resist so many cute faces, but so far we only have our one kitty.

I also love reading, writing, film, art, music, chocolate, new foods, and travel. That about says it all!

Last edited by really_fed_up; 04-06-2008 at 04:36 PM.