View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
triciafawn

wow! thank you all SO much for the replies and support. I'm sure you know how much it means, because you have been here for each other.

the issue I'm having right now is that he is obviously not allowing me to contact him/and he has not contacted me. He is in his 3rd full day of alcohol detox. I just got off the phone with his mom - she is being very nice to me which I am thankful for, being that I have only known my boyfriend since November and have never met her. She told me that she was allowed to talk to him on the phone last night and again this morning, and that she has an appointment with the counselor this afternoon to discuss options for him. She said she is going to let me know what the decision is, that she hopes he will not have to go to a center out of state. She understands that I care and that I want to be a part of his recovery. I AM surprised - maybe she is putting on a front to me, I don't know - but she had just told me yesterday that I had been a crutch to him (although she said it nicely). But what I'm having a problem with is that he isn't talking to me right now. Maybe he's embarrassed, ashamed, I don't know. Because he WAS lying to me about some things. I'm hurt. I'm upset. I feel like I was nothing to him. It wasn't like I was just enabler to him - I KNOW I wasn't - I gave him HELL about what he was doing - everyDAY. But he also knew that I loved him and that I was here for him and that I care.

I got thru last night without crying as much. I know every day is going to get better. Last night I went and drove to the detox center and just sat in the parking lot, just so I could be close to him. I cried and cried and cried. Then I came home and was okay the rest of the night.

And now that I've talked to his mom and know that there is a plan, I'm relieved. But damn, I miss him SO much.